Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our New Little Deggans


WELCOME BABY GRAHAM!
Graham Brooks Deggans- born on Thursday, March 29th at 11:55 am.
Weight 7 pounds, 9.6 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.
The Story of Graham's arrival...
We went to the hospital Thursday morning at 7 am for my scheduled induction and by 8:30 my water had been broken and I was started on Pitocin.  I was actually having contractions approximately every 4- 6 minutes on my own prior to having the Pitocin started, but once it was started my contractions quickly became more frequent, occurring about every 2-4 minutes; so it seemed this delivery was progressing quicker than my previous with Core.  At 4 cm, I was considering getting my epidural and then about an hour to an hour and a half later, I FINALLY received it. At this point I was feeling A LOT of pressure and sure enough when checked I was 9 cm dilated, nope make that 10 cm, and it was time to start pushing!
Graham proved to be a little stubborn, as the Deggans boys are known to be.  I pushed for about 45 minutes with him, which in comparison to Core's delivery was much, much shorter.  We actually ended up taking a break mid-way because I was still feeling "everything" a little more than I apparently should have been with an epidural in place and therefore I required a second lidocaine injection into my epidural to become more comfortable during delivery.  Then by 11:55 am our second little blessing, baby Graham, arrived. Core was officially a big brother and Chris and I were officially parents of TWO! Graham gave us a little scare initially with having a nuchal cord at delivery and he required a small amount of oxygen briefly, but thankfully he became very vigorous quickly.  He also took to breast feeding immediately.  We are so thankful and delighted to now be a family of FOUR!





Daddy, Baby Graham, and Dr. Kleinpeter
Dr. Kleinpeter is my wonderful doctor and
we are so thankful to him for delivering both of our precious boys.

Mommy and sweet baby Graham

First pic with Gammie and Nana

Daddy, Mommy, and Graham


Sweet baby boy... We love you!

1 comment: