Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mommy's Project 52:30 Spiritual

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality; an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.
Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life (reference- Wikipedia).

A spiritual practice for me is reading poetry or self help books, well I guess I should say I used to read them.  I have to admit that since becoming a mom, I do very little leisure reading and when I do, I usually fall asleep within 5 minutes, oops.  I truly do love reading poetry, inspiration self help books and/or quotes because I think it helps me relate them to my life and help me remember what's most important.
For this post, I thought I would share some of my favorite poems, that I actually have hanging around the house as little reminders. 

This first one is  something I actually came across in high school when I was going through a drawer of papers my mom had saved in our kitchen.  I made a copy of it and have had it with me ever since.  I think in some way this perspective helped me find my wonderful husband, Chris.

God's Plan for Your Life
Dear Precious One,

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone-
to have a deep soul relationship with another- to be loved.
But God, to a Christian, says,
" No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content
with being loved by Me alone-
with giving yourself totally to ME
with having a personal relationship with Me alone
discovering that only in ME is your satisfaction to be found,
will you be capable of the perfect human relationship
that I have planned for you.
You will never be united with another until you are united with ME.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing,
and allow me to give you the most thrilling plan existing-
one you can not imagine.
I WANT YOU TO HAVE THE BEST.
Please allow me to bring it to you.
You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things-
keep experiencing the satisfaction that I AM.
Keep listening and learning the things I tell you.
You just be still and wait.
Don't be anxious.
Don't worry.
Don't look around at the things others have gotten.
Don't look at the things you think you want.
YOU JUST KEEP LOOKING TO ME,
or you'll miss what I want to give you.
And then when you're ready,
I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful
than any you could imagine or could ever dream of.
You see,until you are ready and
until the one I have for you is ready,
(I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time)
until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me
and the life I desire for you,
you won't be able to experience the love that
exemplifies your relationship with Me,
and this is the perfect love.

Dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love,
I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me
and to enjoy the everlasting union of love that I offer you with Myself.
Know that I love you.
BELIEVE IT AND BE SATISFIED."
                                                           Your Heavenly Father

These next two poems have always been two of favorites.

IF
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream – and not make dreams your master;
If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings – nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And – which is more – you'll be a Man, my son!

Sweet baby Core

 











No comments:

Post a Comment